If you’re considering starting a business, or you have already started down the road of entrepreneurship and have hit a bump in the road, you might be unsure of where to start to get on the path to success. According to James Nellis – you need to start with prayer. As the CEO of The Nellis Group, James has put a big focus on the mission and vision of his business; many of which leaders discover along the way instead of being intentional from the start. Knowing your passion and foundation is critical to establishing your core values and outlining how YOU want to operate your business.
In this episode, Kyle and James go in depth on the role faith plays in business and tactical tips for being aligned spiritually and financially. Lead generation, strict percentage breakdowns of commissions, and the importance of mentor relationships are all key factors to finding your version of success.
Previous Calibrate Real Estate Podcast Episode featuring James – EP20: Branding Beyond Boarders
We believe Leaders are READERS, below are a few of our favorite leadership books:
- Entreleadership – 20 years of practical business wisdom, Dave Ramsey
- The Ideal Team Player – How to recognize and cultivate three ideal traits in your team, Patrick Lencioni
- Business Boutique – A woman’s guide for making money and doing what she loves, Christy Wright
Our Top 3 Episodes:
- EP #39: Success & Opportunity – Duane Duggan Being a member of the industry for over 40 years, Duane Duggan is trusted guide in the world of Real Estate. On this episode, Kyle sits down for an interview with his client, mentor, and friend, Duane Duggan. Duane is an author of, has been REALTOR for Re/Max of Boulder in Colorado since 1982, and has grown a multifamily portfolio to 75 rental units.
- EP #36: Land of Opportunity – Carlos German Migrating to the US from the Dominican Republic at a young age with zero English Language skills you would expect someone to be at a disadvantage – this is the exact opposite for Carlos German. Carlos was set on coming to America for an education, to seize all opportunities, and lead a successful life.
- EP #35: Leading with Gratitude – Harrison Beacher Being thrust into a leadership and a mentor role after being awarded the national accolade of REALTOR magazine’s 30 under 30, Harrison Beacher set his goals on paying it forward. Seeking out his clients and supports to thank them and express his gratitude for playing a role in this momentous honor. Today, Harrison is expanding his team and pouring himself into others successes and leading with gratitude.